Closet Gallery is an alternative online project space for emerging artists located in a closet in an apartment in Montreal. Each month, a new project is presented in the closet and live streamed through a webcam at www.closetgallery.ca. Concordia Fine Arts undergraduate students are invited to submit project proposals to Closet Gallery in a variety of disciplines, including but not limited to new-media, performance, drawing, painting, installation, and photography. Visit the website for an idea of past projects that have been displayed in Closet Gallery. An honorarium will be provided to selected applicants.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be Concordia undergraduate students (part-time or full-time). Students from equity seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
-What would you do if you could live stream an art project from a closet? Be creative! Have fun! Experiment with something new!
-Proposals should consider the small space of the closet
-Proposals should consider its unique visibility as an online live stream
-Proposals should consider its time-based/durational quality
-Applicants should be willing to experiment and adapt
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: 20 December, 2017 at midnight
NAME (given or preferred):
DEGREE PROGRAM & YEAR:
– Provide an introduction to you and your work (300 words max)
– Please provide a description of the project you are proposing (500 words max)
How does your project fit the selection criteria? Why should your project be live streamed? What is the duration of the live stream? – an hour, a day, a week? – Note: one week is the maximum.
– How would you benefit from your participation in Closet Gallery? (100 words max)
– Will you need any technical equipment?
Available equipment: 2 reflecting lights, 2 iphone screens with chargers, 1 monitor (21 inch), media player. Please note: there are only power outlets for lights and 1 or 2 plugged in elements
If relevant to your proposal, you may include:
– Up to 6 images of your work, with an image list (title, medium, year, short description, please indicate if the work is intended for the project)
– Web-link(s) to video, audio, media and internet based work
Please submit links to online preview copies not exceeding 5 minutes
– A mock-up drawing of your project
This opportunity is generously supported by the Fine Arts Student Alliance (FASA)